Using mobile technologies on a shared basis? Interested in helping me with research?

For my PHD I am focusing on the shared use of mobile technologies in primary education. What does this mean? Well, mobile technologies (ie, iPad, tablets, lap tops and smart phones)  are ideal on a 1:1 basis yet many primary schools can not afford this. Therefore I would like to find out if mobile technologies on a shared basis in primary education are working effectively based on teacher’s opinions. I would then like to propose/suggest ideas in order to improve the use of mobile technologies on a shared basis.

If your school currently uses any form of mobile technology using a shared device approach, and you are willing to be part of my research can you please email me. Your commitment would involve your staff completing a pre survey of the use of the shared device. Then, selected schools would be given training in relation to how I think (based on my research and current methodology) the devices could be used (free of charge). My research will involve a comparison of school’s current use compared to my suggested use. If a school is not selected  in the initial stage of the study, at the end of the study they will receive full training if my ideas actually work? In essence, I am comparing current use of mobile technologies in your classroom compared to the implementation of my ideas/strategies/methodologies in the use of mobile technologies.

4 thoughts on “Using mobile technologies on a shared basis? Interested in helping me with research?

1. Padguru runs a program in elementary schools in Israel, teaching kids computer science and computational thinking.
    This year will be serving about 15 schools, with all we work on shared devices (2 kids per mini ipad). I’ll be happy to see how we help you in your research, and help our teachers do a better work with the kids.