Twas the Night Before Christmas Resources (Middle Primary)

I created the Notebook document below which you are welcome to use for educational purposes. It is based on the poem, ‘Twas the night before Christmas’. The poem was first published anonymously in the Troy, New  York, Sentinel on December 23, 1823, and was reprinted  frequently thereafter with no name attached. Clement Clarke Moore (July 15, 1779 – July 10, 1863)  who was an American  professor of Oriental and Greek literature, later acknowledged authorship and the poem.

If you do not have SMART Notebook software you can open the document by downloading SMART Interactive Viewer (which is free) or download the PPT document (please note, PPT does not contain GIF or flash files).
Night_B4_Xmas_JVillis
Twas_the_night_before_christmas

I allow my students to watch the video clip below before using the Notebook document, in order to search for; (1) nouns, verbs, adjectives (2) rhyming words (3) similies and alliterations. If you are using the document using SMART Notebook software, if you double tap on the text, you can drag your finger over a word to highlight it and then drag it into the correct box. Using this technique, students can visually see selected words being taken from the text.