There are many interactive websites online for students to practice addition. However, many are simply drill and practice. Below is a list of some free websites which require students to use higher order thinking skills. Please note, they all require flash in order to work.
1. Addition Wheel: Students are required to drag and drop numbers in order to solve the challenges.
2. Button Beach Challenge: (created by Ambleside C.E Primary School) Students are presented with a table with some totals of the rows or columns missing. They are required to work out the numbers.
3. Plus: Students are required to arrange the given numbers in the cross so that the sum of the numbers in the vertical line is the same as the horizontal line. There are 6 levels of difficulty.
4. Power Lines Level 1 or Power Lines Level 2: These have been a favourite of mine for years. Power cells have to be placed in the circles so that all the numbers in the same straight line add up to the power line total.
5. Addition Pyramid: (created by Ambleside C.E Primary School) Students are required to add numbers inside the pyramid, starting from the bottom and working their way to the time in order to calculate the total sum.