“On Australia Day we come together as a nation to celebrate what’s great about Australia and being Australian” (reference). This year Australia Day falls on Sunday, January the 26th. I have blogged a few resources which teachers may like to use during week 1. At the bottom of the post you will find a link to resources which I blogged last year and you may like to use these too.
1. Aussie Clue Cracker: This interactive resource explores 24 national days, weeks, symbols and emblems. “Caution: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are warned that this education resource may contain images of deceased people” (reference) (Primary)
2. Australia Day Fact Sheets (Upper Primary)
3. Australia Day Quiz for use on a smart board (Secondary)
4. Australia Day Cross-0ffs: This is an interactive game for use on a smart board (Middle – Upper Primary).
5. Ideas for Australia Day Craft (Junior Primary)
6. YouTube: Australian Anthem and Sate or Territory Quiz.
7. Diversity, Culture and Australian Identity (Year 10).
Previously Blogged: Australia Day 2013 & 2012 Resources. You will find a SMART Notebook file that I created and links to other resources on this blog page.