About: Joanne

My name is Joanne Villis and I am  classroom teacher who has  who has 15 years experience with interactive whiteboards/LCD TVs and have facilitated the integration of technology in education at my current school, St Aloysius College. I have experience working with Reception to Year 2 students with iPads, Year 3 to year 12 students using Microsoft Surface Pros and a strong understanding of coding and its applications for game development. I am proficient and have classroom experience using Office 365 and applications including: Yammer, Class Notebook (OneNote) , Forms, SharePoint and  OneDrive.

I believe, that current teachers need to provide an interactive and engaging curriculum to cater for today’s digital learners. As teachers, we need to look at our students, seek their advice  and ask ourselves, how can we deliver an education to meet their needs?

EDUCATION:

2015 First year PDH Computational thinking and curriculum focus

2013 Masters in Education/Information Communication Technology

Subjects:
Internet and Education Distinction
Project in Education Distinction
Education Leadership and Computer Technologies High Distinction
Cognitive Technologies and Learning High Distinction
Culture and Early Childhood Education Credit

2007 Graduate Certificate in Catholic Education

2003 Bachelor of Early Childhood Education

Joanne has presented at:

2017                   EdTech SA Conference, Immanuel College, SA

2017                  Guest Lecturer at University of SA, Magill ‘Integration of ICT in Education.’

2016                  Guest Lecturer at University of SA, Magill ‘Integration of ICT in Education.’

2016                  Presenter at SA Computers in Education Annual Conference, Adelaide

(A whole school approach to Microsoft SharePoint and Gaming for girls)

2015                  Presenter at SA Computers in Education Annual Conference, Adelaide
(Robotics and Coding)

2014                  Guest Lecturer at University of SA, Magill ‘Integration of ICT in Education.’

2013                  Guest Lecturer at University of SA, Magill ‘Integration of ICT in Education.’

2013                  Digital Prayer: Joanne Created the site and co-presented with
Jacinta Astachnowicz  Website: http://digitalprayer.weebly.com/

2012                  Guest Presenter Teacher 2 Teacher Conference, Bow Island, Alberta, Canada.

2012                  Presenter Second National ITL Master Class Conference, Adelaide Convention Centre.

2012                  Presenter Ninth National Interactive Teaching and Learning Conference,
Sydney, Australia.

2012                  Presenter Global SMART board Revolution Virtual Webinar.

2012                  Guest Lecturer at University of SA, Magill ‘Integration of ICT in Education.’

2011                  Presenter IWBNet’s Eighth National Interactive Teaching and Learning (ITL)
Conference.

2011                  Presenter IWBNet’s Solutions Conference, Australia’s Technology Park.

2010                  Presenter Annual SA CEGSA conference.

2010                  Presenter SA Librarian Teacher’s Association.

2010                  Electro board Smart Bugs at the University of SA (Mawson Lakes) and St Gabriels School (Enfield).

Joanne has coordinated and presented for Inter-tech Education in relation to:

iPads and Free apps for K-Y2 Teachers
iPads and Free apps for Y3-Y6 Teachers
How to get the most out of your iPad as a Professional Learning Tool
Apps for teachers with Android devices
How to create your own websites
Teaching Digital Citizenship
iPad apps for K-Y7
Free online resources for teachers
Subject specific IWB content, including: Primary and Secondary Maths, Primary Connections (Primary Science), Early Years Literacy and Numeracy, Primary Music and Secondary Languages.

6 thoughts on “About: Joanne

1. Hi Joanne,
    loved your sessions at the conference last week. Thank you.
    I have a problem embedding code for You Tube videos on my blog: hlong.edublogs.org They are still coming up blocked at school. Any clues on how to fix? Thanks heaps.

1. Hi Heather,
      Embedded YouTube videos will remain blocked at school if YouTube is blocked at school. At my school it is blocked for students, not teachers, so I show the students the YouTube clips on the smartboard and then students complete the additional tasks/blogging on their own computers. However, when students access the edublog at home, they can of course view the YouTube clips without having to leave the blog.
      Jo
      By the way, I like your class blog

2. Thanks Jo, at least now I know where I need to turn my attentions in order to get greater functionality out of my blog.

3. Hi Joanne
    Just wondering if you are still looking to use our school in a project/research for iPads? We are finishing up school this week and would like to inform our admin on this process.

I have been away from school for a couple week, so i do apologies if you had already sent me something and i hadn’t replied.

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Amanda

4. Hi Joanne. Thank you for sharing your lessons and insights. I would like to showcase your work to a school district conference of Primary teachers here in Perth Western Australia in July. Can I have permission to display your slideshares at the conference please? Thankyou John Townley